How to Connect Your PC to TV through HDMI/ Windows 7,8,8.1,10
You can stream content on your computer directly onto the TV screen, if you connect your PC to TV through HDMI. you can use internet on a bigger screen or you can watch movie on your TV which is loaded on your computer. You can do many more things, just you need to learn how to connect your PC to TV through HDMI cable.
Before connecting your PC to TV you need to pay attention on some points-
1. Choose the right cable
- There are many types of HDMI cable available in the market. So, don’t get fooled. Buy the one which you actually need.
- If you want to connect your laptop to your TV then check and confirm if the port will need a regular size, mini, or micro HDMI.
- Measure the distance between the location of your TV and the computer and estimate the length of the cable you will need.
- Don’t buy a more expensive HDMI cable. Any cable would work if it works perfectly. More expensive cable will not give better picture quality.
- Purchase a high speed cable.
- Don’t purchase Ethernet cable.
2. Connect your PC to TV
- Connect the cable to your TV. Before connecting check that how port is labeled.
- Connect the another plug to your PC. If you have desktop, you can find the slot behind the CPU.
- Switch source video on the TV. On your TV find the options that switch sources of videos, like “Video 1/2” or “PC” or “Input”. This will switch its display to what your CPU is showing.
- After connecting the PC and TV together, sometimes the TV will automatically display what’s on your computer monitor. Most of the time it will be blank. If it is showing blank, Proceed to the next step.
- If your TV has 4 sources and you plugged into 3, keep pressing the input button until you get to 3.
- Open Control Panel and go to the Display option and click on it.
- Find the option “Adjust screen resolution.” It will bring you to a window that shows different options on how you can view whatever is displayed on your TV or monitor. You will see two different displays, with one disabled. Click on the disabled monitor and then “Extend the desktop onto this monitor” and click “Apply”.
- Now your TV should come to live with your PC.
3. Set Up HDMI Sound
- Right-click the Volume icon (white speaker) on the task bar.
- Click Playback Devices….this will open the Sound window.
- On the Playback tab, click Digital Output Device (HDMI) if it is present. If it is not present, click Realtek HDMI Output.
- Then Click Set Default and click Apply.
- If you used Digital Output Device (HDMI), click OK to close the window. This completes the steps to activate HDMI sound for this option.
- If you used Realtek HDMI Output, then Double-click Realtek HDMI Output.
- It will open the Properties window.
- Click the Supported Formats tab. Place a check in the 48.0 KHz check box, and ensure that there is no check in the Dolby Digital check box and all other check boxes.
- Click OK to apply the changes and close the window.
By using the above shown method you can easily connect your PC to TV through HDMI cable. You can manually configure the picture and audio quality. You can access pictures or movies whatever loaded on your computer on your TV. And you can also use internet on a bigger screen by this method.