A file with .rpt extension is a kind of report file. In this article Today’s Tech teaches you how to open Rpt file on windows and Mac using the free SAP crystal report viewer.
Read also:- How to Change Your Computer’s Language
Step 1. Download SAP Crystal Report Viewer
Go to https://www.crystalreports.com/crystal-viewer/ in a web browser. Here you will find a free application for windows and mac that can open .rpt files.
- If you’re using a Mac, you’ll need to install Legacy Java Runtime 6 before you can install the Crystal Reports viewer. You can get it for free from https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1572?locale=en_US.
Step 2. Download the Installation Archive
- To start the download, fill out the form (name, country, version, and mailing list preferences), then click Free Download.
- Click the Installation Package link for your operating system.
- Save the file to your computer.
Step 3. Install SAP Crystal Report Viewer
The downloaded file is a compressed (zip) file, so unzip it into a folder, then open the Data_Units folder, where you’ll find the installer for Windows and mac.
- Windows: Double-click CRRViewer.exe, then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- mac: Double-click Crystal Reports 2016 Viewer.dmg, drag the icon to the Applications folder, then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Step 4. Open SAP Crystal Report Viewer
You can find it in the All Apps area of the Start menu in Windows, and in the Applications folder on mac.
- Click I Agree to accept the terms and conditions. You’ll only have to do this the first time you run the application.
Step 5. Browse for Report
Click browse for report. It’s under the “Open” header. This opens your computer’s file browser.
Step 6. Open .rpt File
- Open the folder that contains the .rpt file.
- Click the .rpt file to select it.
- Click open. This open the .rpt file in the viewer.
Today’s Tech taught you how to open .rpt file on windows and mac. If you feel any difficulty, you can write in the comment box below. I will try to help you. Thank You.
You might also like:- How to Open XPS Files on Windows and Mac