Netflix is a platform where you can get wide range of movies, TV shows and original content at affordable price. In this article we will see how to watch Netflix on TV. You can watch Netflix on any internet connected device such as, computer, smartphone, tablet, Smart TV, streaming box, or modern video game console.
How to Watch Netflix on a Smart TV
1. Connect your Smart TV to your home network
You will need to connect your smart TV to the internet, in order to stream Netflix from your smart TV’s app. You can connect your smart TV to a wired Ethernet connection or to a wireless connection.
To connect your TV to the internet using a wired connection, connect an Ethernet cable from an open LAN port on your modem or router, and then to the Ethernet port on your TV.
To connect your TV to the internet using a wireless connection, open the setting menu on your TV and locate the Network settings. Select your wireless network and then use the remote to enter your wireless password These menus and settings may be different from one model of TV to another.
2. Open your smart TV apps
Most Smart TV remotes will have a button that opens the apps list. This button is often a logo or has the TV’s brand name on it. You’ll need to use the remote for your TV, not your cable box or universal remote.
3. Select the Netflix app
Use the arrow buttons to navigate the apps on your smart TVs user interface. Highlight the Netflix app icon and press Enter or Ok on your remote. If you can’t find the Netflix app, you may have to download it from your Smart TV’s app store.
4. Log in to your Netflix account
Use the on-screen keyboard to enter the email address and password associated with your Netflix account and then select Sign Inand press Enter and Ok.
- You’ll need to have a Netflix plan that supports streaming video. Any of the streaming plans will allow you to use the Smart TV app. If you do not have a Netflix account, you can sign up for Netflix at the Netflix website.
- If you have more than one profile on your Netflix account, select the profile you want to use.
5. Browse using your remote
Use the arrow buttons on the TV remote to navigate the menus and videos on Netflix. Highlight a video you want to watch and then press the “Select” or “Enter” button on your remote to start it.
Read also:- How to Open Rpt file on Windows and Mac
How to Watch Netflix on a Video Game Console
If you have the following game consoles, you will be able to watch Netflix on it. You don’t need to purchase a streaming video device.
- PlayStation 4
- PlayStation 3
- Xbox One
- Xbox 360
- Wii U
1. Install the Netflix app
The process for this will vary depending on the console that you are using.
- On PlayStation 4, the Netflix app can be found in the “TV & Video” section of the main menu. If you don’t see it, you can download it from the PlayStation Store.
- On the PlayStation 3, you can find the Netflix app in the “TV/Video Services” menu of the XMB. Selecting it will prompt you to download the app. If you don’t see it, you can download it from the PlayStation Store.
- For Xbox consoles, you’ll need to download the Netflix app in the “Apps” section.
- If you’re using a Wii U, you’ll need to download the Netflix app from the Nintendo eShop.
- If you’re using a Wii, you’ll need to download the Netflix app from the Wii Shop.
2. Open the Netflix app and log in
When you will open the Netflix app for the first time, you will be asked to log in to your Netflix account. Use the on-screen keyboard to enter the email address and password associated with your Netflix account. In order to watch Netflix on your game console, you’ll need to connect your Playstation 4, XBox One, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3, or other game consoles to the internet.
3. Select and Play the video you want to watch
Use your game controller to navigate the Netflix library. Highlight a video and press the confirmation button to open the video information screen. If you want to watch a TV series, you can select a specific episode you want to watch. Use your TV remote to select “Seasons” and then select a season. Select an episode from the list and press Enter or Ok on your TV remote.
Read also:- How to Play Mp4 Videos on a Windows PC
How to Watch Netflix Using Amazon Firestick
1. Connect the fire stick to HDMI port on your TV
Your Amazon Firestick is designed to plug directly into an open HDMI port on your TV.
If you are not able to connect your Amazon Fire Stick directly to an HDMI port on your TV, you can connect it to the HDMI extender cable that came with the device and then plug the extender cable into an open HDMI port on your TV.
2. Connect the A/C adapter to the Firestick
Connect the A/C adapter to the micro-USB port on the bottom of the Fire Stick. Then plug the A/C adapter into an electrical outlet near your TV.
3. Select your wireless network
Use your Firestick remote to navigate and select your wireless network. The first time you connect your Firestick, you will need to go through the setup process. Start by selecting your wireless network.
4. Log in to your Amazon account
You will need to sign in to your Amazon account in order to purchase and download apps on your device. Use the on-screen keyboard to enter the username and password associated with your Amazon account. After you are signed in, you will see a quick Welcome video explaining how to use your Firestick device.
5. Download the Netflix app
- Select the search icon and type Netflix in the search bar.
- Select download and it will download the Netflix app to your Firestick device.
- Once the downloading finished, you need to sign up to your Netflix account.
- Use your Firestick remote and the on-screen keyboard to enter the username and password associated with your Netflix account.
6. Select a movie or TV show you want to watch
Use the Firestick remote to browse movies and TV shows on Netflix. When you find a movie or TV show you want to watch, press the button in the center to display the information page of the movie or TV show.
Read also:- How to Open XPS Files on Windows and Mac
How to Watch Netflix Using a Google Chromecast
1. Download the Netflix app for your android or iPhone
You can download the app for free from the Google Play Store or Android App Store.
2. Connect the Chromecast to an HDMI port on your TV
The Chromecast is a small dongle. It has an attached cable that connects to an HDMI port on your TV. The HDMI ports on your TV are usually numbered. Make a note of which numbered HDMI port you are connecting to.
3. Connect the Chromecast to a power source
The Chromecast includes a USB power cable that you can plug into either the included A/C adapter or into a USB port on your TV. Some USB ports on TVs will not provide enough power to turn the Chromecast on, in which case you’ll need to use the wall adapter.
4. Power on your TV and select the HDMI source you connected the Chromecast to
The power button typically has an icon that resembles a circle with a line through the top. Press the Source or Input button on your TV to select the video source.
5. If you have not yet done so, you’ll need to set up your Google Chromecast.
Use the following steps to setup your Google Chromecast:
- Download the Google Home app from the Google Play Store on Android, or App Store on iPhone or iPad.
- Open the Google Home app.
- Tap the Add icon with the plus (+) sign.
- Click on Set up device.
- Tap Set up new devices in your home.
- Click on your home name and then tap Next.
- Tap your Chromecast device name that is displayed on your TV screen and tap Next.
- Confirm the code on your smartphone matches the code on your TV and tap Yes.
- Select a room for the device and tap Next.
- Select your wireless network and tap Next.
- Tap Next.
- Tap Netflix and other streaming services and tap Next.
- Click on Continue and then Continue again.
6. Open the Netflix app on your smartphone or tablet
It’s has a black icon that says “Netflix” in red letters.
If you are not automatically logged in to Netflix, enter the email address and password associated with your Netflix account and sign in.
7. Select a video and tap the play icon
It’s over the video image at the top of the information page, or to the right of an episode in the episode list.
8. Tap the cast button
The button is located in the upper-right corner of the video. A list of devices will appear.
9. Tap your Chromecast device
This casts the video you are playing on your smartphone or tablet to your TV.
Make sure your smartphone or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast device.
10. Control playback using the Netflix app
You can pause and seek using your Netflix app. You don’t have to keep Netflix open on your smartphone to keep playing video on your TV. Playback controls will also be available in your Notification Panel. Once your Chromecast is all set up, you won’t have to go through all of these steps every time you want to watch. Just turn on your TV and switch to the Chromecast input, then load the Netflix app on your phone and cast to your chromecast device.
Read also:- How to Connect Your PC to TV through HDMI
How to Watch Netflix Using a Laptop
1. Connect an HDMI cable from your laptop to your TV
If your laptop has an HDMI out port, connect one end of an HDMI cable to it, and the other to an available port on your TV. Make note of which HDMI port you connect to.
- If your computer doesn’t have an HDMI out port, check to see if it has a DisplayPort or Micro HDMI port. You may need an adapter to connect these ports to your TV. You may also be able to connect to a TV using Bluetooth, but there may be a lag between the video and audio.
- For older computers, you may be able to connect your laptop to your TV using the DVI or VGA port and an HDMI adapter. These connections do not carry an audio signal. To get audio, you will most likely need to use a 3.5mm stereo-to-RCA cable to connect to the headphone port on your computer to an RCA input that corresponds to the video in on your TV.
2. Turn ON your TV and select the HDMI source
Press the Input or Source button on your TV remote to select a video source. Once you select the right port, you should see your laptop screen mirroring to your TV.
3. Go to https://www.netflix.com in a browser on your laptop
If you’re not already signed in to your Netflix account, click Sign In at the top-right corner to sign in now.
4. Select a video and tap the play icon
It’s over the video image. This plays the video, you can control the video playback in the web browser.
- If you want to watch a TV series, you can select a specific episode you want to watch. Click to select “Seasons” and then select a season. Select an episode from the list and press Enter or Ok on your TV remote.
- You can also use Screen mirroring to watch videos from your laptop on your TV.
Read also:- How to Connect Mobile to PC Internet via WiFi
How to Watch Netflix Using an Apple TV
1. Connect your Apple TV to your TV via HDMI
You’ll need an HDMI port on your TV to use newer Apple TVs.Make a note of which HDMI port you connected the Apple TV to.
2. Plug the Apple TV into a power outlet
It needs a power connection to work.
If you want to connect your Apple TV to the internet using an Ethernet cable, connect an Ethernet cable from your router to the Ethernet port on your Apple TV device.
3. Switch the TV to Apple TVs input
Check the label for your TVs HDMI port if you’re not sure which input to select. Use your TV remote to select the HDMI video source you connected your Apple TV to. You should see the Apple TV Setup screen if you’re on the correct input.
Use your Apple TV remote to select and start Netflix app.
4. Log in to your Netflix account
Use the remote to enter your email address and password. This will log you into your Netflix account, and you’ll be able to select the profile you want to use.
5. Use the remote to find and play videos
You can browse through the library, or use the search feature to find specific titles. You can use the remote’s playback buttons to control videos on Netflix.
If you want to watch a TV series, you can select a specific episode you want to watch. Use your TV remote to select “Seasons” and then select a season. Select an episode from the list and press Enter or Ok on your TV remote.
In this article we discussed about how to watch Netflix on TV. There are various ways to watch Netflix on TV. You just need to have a device with an internet connection. I hope you enjoyed this article. Thank you.
You may also like:- How to Convert CDA to MP3 on Windows